The common entrance exam was the biggest rite of passage into secondary school, and at some point, it was a thing the average Nigerian student worried about. If you’ve been there, so why don’t you take a short trip down memory lane?
1. When your school believes that you’re ready to write the exam in Primary 4
2. How the primary 5 students look at you when you join the class
Who is this small thing?
3. The struggle with this book
Must be the stuff scholars are made of
4. When your school starts a special lesson for everyone writing the exam
This was not a part of the deal na
5. And your parents find you an extra lesson teacher
You people don’t rate me, and it show
6. How your parents look at you whenever you’re not reading
Why do you want to disgrace this family?
7. You, on the eve of the exam
God, help me
8. When your parents wake you up early on the day of the exam to pray
You people’s own is too much
9. When you realise that you’re too nervous to eat breakfast
What’s all this?
10. You, when the invigilator tells everyone to start writing
No time, abeg
11. You, when you see questions you’ve practised in the Ugo C Ugo textbooks
Thank you, Jesus
12. When your parents ask you how the exam went
Sha, I’m alive
13. When the results come out and you pass
I’m not an embarrassment.
14. When you get to secondary school and you hear about Junior WAEC
Wait, there is more????