1. Abba T. Makama is mostly known as a filmmaker and founder of Osiris; a creative group that creates magical ideas for digital and traditional media.
But personally he considers himself an artist and prefers the label ‘creator’. Born and raised in Jos Plateau State. He went to Hillcrest School Jos and St. Joseph’s College before graduating from SUNY Fredonia N.Y. He also studied film at N.Y.U. Ventures Africa listed him as one of the 15 African creatives to watch for in 2016.
2. While growing up in Jos he attend Hillcrest school and was classmates with Tejumola Komolafe (NaijaBoyz).
They were both the best art students in their class and also best friends. Teju left Nigeria in the early 90’s. The two reconnected in 2006 via Myspace and discovered they both where on the path to becoming filmmakers.
3. His company Osiris has worked with numerous brands.
Directing commercials, digital marketing skits and documentaries for companies like Google, Blackberry, Gtbank Nigerian Breweries etc.
4. In 2010, he and friend/colleague Bolaji Kekere Ekun ( 37th State) created AMEBO at FOUR.
5. In 2010 he wrote, produced and directed the comedy satire on the Nigerian film industry called Direc-toh.
Direc-toh screened at Eko International Film Festival 2010 and won Best Actor at InShort Film Festival 2010.
6. In 2012 he collaborated with fashion designer and close friend Niyi Okuboyejo, to create Party of Minister.
Party of Minister is a satire short film about corrupt African dictators. It screened at the 2016 Black Star Film Festival in Philadelphia.
That same year he also directed a fashion film for acclaimed fashion designer Maki Oh.
7. In 2013 he released QUACKS a sequel to Party of Ministers.
Party of Minister and Quacks were selected for the first Iroko TV online short film festival.
8. In 2014 he was commissioned by Al Jazeera to direct a documentary on the Nigeria Film Industry.
It aired in July 2015 on Al Jazeera world and was well received by key figures in the industry.
9. In 2015 he released a comedy reality TV show, CITY BISHOP, about a journalist from the village of Isoko who explores Lagos city life.
Season 1 aired on SilverBird TV.
10. 2016 will be the release of his first feature length film ‘Green White Green’.
Green White Green is a comedy satire and coming of age story about 3 young boys from the 3 major ethnic group on an adventure to shoot a short film inspired by Nigeria’s history.
11. Abba Makama the painter.
His first solo art exhibition is on February 28th 2016 at the IAMSIGO showroom. Waking hallucinations and sleep paralysis are the inspiration behind the art show.