If you talk to 5 random Nigerians and ask them if they’ve done at least 3 of these things, there is a good chance that all of them will nod in affirmation. So, let’s agree that the following have been normalised already:
1. Telling people you’re broke when you’re not
Plis dear, we are all suffering!
2. Using YOLO as an excuse to splurge
Buy what you want to buy with your chest, biko. All this shalaye is not necessary.
3. Wondering how funds left your account when you’re broke
You know what you did. Don’t pretend like you don’t know.
4. Hoping to find money in the most unlikely places
Do you remember keeping money inside the pocket of the pair of jeans you don’t even wear? So, what are you looking for exactly?
5. Looking for non-existent onigbeses
Remember how you pretended like you were broke to get out of borrowing your friends money? Well, there’s nothing to collect now.
6. Repeating 2-5 every chance you get