1. When you’re driving and you see a police checkpoint.
2. The Nigerian police starter pack:
3. Nigerian police, when they see a car with tinted windows.
God epp you if you don’t have your permit.
4. When they stop you and ask “can we know you?”
This is how it starts.
5. When they see a young person driving a nice car.
6. When they just assume you’re either a yahoo boy or a runz girl.
Na you sabi.
7. When they ask to see your phone.
Why the hell?
8. When they start waving gun in your face on top checking license.
Is it that deep?
9. When they jump in your front seat and tell you to drive to their office.
Oshey Fast and Furious.
10. When they see that you have all your particulars complete.
Jisos! Are you LASTMA?
11. Nigerian police and “anything for boys?”
Na wa! Is this your job?
12. When you finally do ‘happy weekend’ for them.
Can I go, biko?
13. When someone says “the police is your friend”.
You'll Like This
You, too, can be a mega-super star!
No! You cannot pet my hair!
These hacks will make your life easier!
Variety, they say, is the spice of life.
Nothing wrong with a little upgrade, right?
You know the cons. You might as well know the pros.
For the shy ones among us who need a little help.
Having a 9 to 5 isn’t easy.
You thought it was all about your salary, didn’t you?
wherever you are
Zikoko amplifies African youth culture by curating
and creating smart and joyful content for young
Africans and the world.