1. When people ask you what “cream” you are using:
It’s the glory of God oh!
2. When people ask if you are “a half caste”:
It’s like you people don’t know that word is offensive sha!
3. When people automatically assume you are Igbo:
So it’s now by force abi?
4. When “oyinbo” becomes your nickname:
How about something different for a change? PLEASE!
5. When you misbehave small and people start shouting “it’s because she is yellow oh”:
6. When people imply your light skin got you something you worked hard for:
You better not allow yourself be an unfortunate human being!
7. When people talk about being light skinned like it’s a skill:
You better allow your head be correct!
8. When a man thinks saying “I like you because of your yellow” is a compliment.
My personality and brain that one is just decoration abi?
9. When you see a job description that includes “light skinned”:
What type of skill is it oh?
10. When you reject someone’s advances and they imply it’s because you are light skinned and therefore very proud:
I say I don’t like you!