Nigerian songs are really cool.
Our musicians have perfected the art of making barely coherent words into club bangers. (>_> Think Iyanya – “From the bed to the bedroom…” or Jesse Jagz and Wizkid – “Baby girl call me jailer cos I’m a prisoner of love…“). But that’s not the point of this.
If you like Nigerian songs, you’re in good company. In addition to the millions of fans across Africa, Nigerian music has garnered fame in the white man’s land. ^_^
White people love AND are really trying to sing these songs. So get comfortable and lose yourself in these hilarious videos of instances when they try.
1. When this Greek-German dude, @NikiTallMusic Sang Olamide’s Shakitibobo While Wearing an ‘IGWE’ Shirt
What has Olamide done? I am WEAK. pic.twitter.com/hCzYNAdXDO
— Prince C. (@Prince_II) July 6, 2015
2. And performed Woju by Kiss Daniel. I love this one.
Almost better than the original song.
And Double Wahala by Oritsefemi.
And an almost purely Yoruba song, Gongo Aso by 9ice.
He does this a lot. More videos HERE.
3. And then this white girl giving a great rendition of Davido’s Dami Duro.
She wasn’t half bad singing Davido’s Ekuro.
4. And then there’s this white woman singing and grooving to Yoruba gospel songs at a Redeemed Church
5. Honourable mention to the Oyinbo Ibadan man that speaks better Yoruba than anyone in my Yoruba family:
This guy killed me ????? I can't even speak Yoruba this well pic.twitter.com/Z67sPybJJI
— Folajimi Ade-Davis (@ade_davis) June 17, 2015
Are there more videos like these? Please, please send them our way!