Well, besides love of course, these are 51 reasons Nigerian men are likely to get married:
1. They are hungry.
2. The buka close to their house has packed up.
3. Their mother has refused to cook in bulk for them again.
4. They are horny.
5. They are saving themselves for marriage.
6. Their girlfriend is saving herself for marriage.
7. Their mother won’t stop calling them at 11pm and crying.
8. Their father want’s to finally pop open that bottle of scotch he has been saving since they were 4.
9. Their parents are getting old.
10. Their girlfriend’s parents are getting old.
11. She is the most eligible person from their home town their father will let them marry.
12, Their girlfriend’s parents are loaded and the baby boy life isn’t paying the bills.
13. Their girlfriend won’t shut up about it.
14. Their pastor won’t shut up about it.
15. Their girlfriend’s pastor won’t shut up about it.
16. Their girlfriend’s mother’s pastor won’t shut up about it.
17. Their girlfriend is pregnant.
18. Their girlfriend lied that she is pregnant.
19. Their girlfriend is pregnant but they don’t know it isn’t theirs.
20. Their girlfriend won’t agree to a third abortion.
21. They want to officially become sugar daddies.
22. University girls prefer married men.
23. Appearing in Bella Naija Weddings will expose them to women that like married men.
24. Their house is too big.
25. They are tired of doing the laundry themselves.
26. The dishes in the sink are piling up.
27. Grown men need wives before they can hire maids and not feel weird about it.
28. Their younger brother needs him to marry first before he can marry.
29. Their girlfriend’s sister needs her to marry first before she can marry.
30. They don’t want people to think they’re gay.
31. They don’t want people to know they’re gay.
32. They want to go abroad for Masters and nobody wants to hear story.
33. Their girlfriend want to go abroad for Masters and nobody wants to hear story.
34. They are bored.
35. They are tired of whoring around.
36. Their friends are getting married.
37. They want to get it out of the way.
38. They are “supposed to.”
39. They are responsible.
40. They want to wear agbada without looking ridiculous.
41. They bought too much Ankara the last time and now they need someone to wear and co with.
42. They want their exes to sleep with them “one last time.”
43. They want wedding gifts.
44. Their boss doesn’t like single people.
45. They want their boss to stop making them work overtime.
46. They want a promotion.
47. They want to run for government office.
48. They don’t want to live in sin.
49. They’re tired of living in sin.
50. Their girlfriend is tired of living in sin.
51. Even though neither they or their girlfriend has a problem with it, everyone is harassing them about living in sin.
You know I’m right, now please remember to share with your friends and followers.