If Nigerian Parents Had A Meeting, This Is Probably How It Would Go!

December 22, 2016

1. ‘For our wonderful parents, whose children got 98% in exams, please endeavor to ask them where the remaining 2% went’

2. ‘For our darling mothers, when you send Junior to bring things for you, remember to tell him to put it on your head if he asks where to drop it’

3. ‘Also, please do not relent in your efforts to remind your children that you did not kill your mother, so they cannot kill you’

4. ‘When relaxing in the parlour, remember to add slippers and nail cutters to the remote you normally ask for; the possibilities are endless’

5. ‘Mr Udoh, it is your turn to compile the Whatsapp Broadcast messages we shall send to our children this month, feel free to add some from last month or last year!’

6. ‘Also, no matter what our children say, we shall always pronounce it ‘WhatsZup’; they can’t know more than their parents after all’

7. ‘Deliberations are still on-going as to changing the official generator time from 7 to 8pm, this recession na die’

8. ‘Bretheren, let us remember to intensify our efforts to shout at the children when we get back from work. If we don’t do it, who will?’

Join The Conversation

Bring a friend.

You'll like this

Watch

Now on Zikoko

July 6, 2022

So you’ve just served your lover breakfast. But to make them feel better, you try to stay in contact with them. Don’t! If you don’t know how to handle things after serving a person breakfast, I’ll show you how. . First, you need to feel bad You just showed another person’s child pepper. You should […]

Recommended Quizzes

October 30, 2019

Kemi Adetiba’s King of Boys movie got a lot of things right, especially casting, so yes, it was a monster hit. Now, we know you may not have put much thought to this, but the personalities of some of the characters closely match yours, and we would like to help you find the perfect match. […]

November 14, 2019

The fourth season of Big Brother Naija came to an end over a month ago, but the conversation surrounding the housemates is far from over. So, in a bid to keep the fire burning, we decided to create a quiz that tells you which famous member of the ‘Pepper Dem’ gang is your soulmate. Take […]

April 3, 2020

While the rest of the world loves to treat our continent like a country, there are actually 54 African countries. So, in a bid to test your knowledge (and educate you), we’ve created a quiz to see how many of their capitals you can correctly name. Go ahead:

November 19, 2019

Regardless of what society has tried to tell us, enjoying sex is not something to be ashamed of. So, in a bid to celebrate our generation’s sexual agency, we’ve created a quiz that will accurately (again, keep your complaints to yourself) infer how many people you’ve spelt with. Try it out: 11 Quizzes For The […]

More from Oldies

May 27, 2021

Children’s day, a day set apart for kids. Like they don’t win at life already? You’re not paying bills or rent and you have a day to celebrate yourself? Get me their manager, please. On days like this, we can’t help but remember how good we used to have it so we wrote this article […]

Watch

Trending Videos

Zikoko Originals

December 14, 2020
What happens when a group of chatty young Nigerians talk about things they're passionate about? You get Nigerians talk. A show that discusses very familiar struggles for the average Nigerian. From relationship deal breakers to sex education with Nigerian parents to leaving Nigeria, be prepared for a ride.
November 2, 2020
'The Couch' is a Zikoko series featuring real life stories from anonymous people.
October 26, 2020
A collection of videos documenting some of the events of the EndSARS protests.
June 22, 2020
'The Couch' is a Zikoko series featuring real life stories from anonymous people.
June 22, 2020
Hacked is an interesting new series by Zikoko made up of fictional but hilarious chat conversations.
June 4, 2020
What happens when a group of chatty young Nigerians talk about things they're passionate about? You get Nigerians talk. A show that discusses very familiar struggles for the average Nigerian. From relationship deal breakers to sex education with Nigerian parents to leaving Nigeria, be prepared for a ride.
June 2, 2020
Quickie is a video series where everyone featured gets only one minute to rant, review or do absolutely anything.
May 14, 2020
Isolation Diary is a Zikoko series that showcases what isolation is like for one young Nigerian working from home due to the Coronavirus pandemic.
March 12, 2020
Life is already hard. Deciding where to eat and get the best lifestyle experiences, isn't something you should stress about. Let VRSUS do that for you.

Z! Stacks

Here's a rabbit hole of stories to lose yourself in:

Zikoko amplifies African youth culture by curating and creating smart and joyful content for young Africans and the world.
X