When we talked about the stress of house-hunting in Nigeria, we addressed how some landlords/landladies come with their own wahala. If you didn’t understand what we meant or couldn’t relate because you’d never experienced such, you’re in luck. Here are 7 Nigerians’ hilarious experiences with problematic landladies.
1) This girl, whose landlady screwed over to get more money out of her house.
To think that there are people who complain because there are churches on their street. Then there’s this girl…with a church IN HER HOUSE.
2) This girl, whose landlady hated music and visitors.
No music or guests? What is this? A haunted Victorian-era house?
3) This guy, whose landlady clearly wants him to die of heatstroke.
On one hand, she just wants to sleep without dreaming about generator noise. On the other hand, the weather hot gan.
4) This girl, whose landlady let her know, in as few words as possible, that she hears everything that happens in her house.
See, this is why we suggested songs to add to your sex playlists. To avoid situations like this.
5) This girl, whose landlady started a beef with her.
I just imagined the landlady pulling out a scroll to read the tenant’s list of imaginary offences and I am cackling.
6) This guy, whose landlady took the old fashioned way, when it came to her daughters, to avoid stories that touch.
I stan a woman who knows a scrumptious-looking crotch when she sees one.
7) This guy, who lived in the haunted house from every horror movie ever and didn’t know it until his landlady informed him.
I would watch the hell out of a movie based on this story.