So you’re at a public safe like a bar, a party or even at the gym and you think that you’ve just seen the love of your life and soulmate. You want to talk to her, but you don’t know how or what to say; here’s a list of things you should absolutely not do or say.
1. Do not tell her she looks like your mother or sister.
2. If you’ve not met her before, do not tell her she looks familiar. Don’t lie.
Don’t say “I think we must have met before” or “I saw you in my dream” or “My pastor told me you are the love of my life.”
3. Do not follow her or stalk her.
It’s creepy, not cute.
4. Don’t touch her.
Especially at a party. You might say you’re trying to get her attention, but nope, it’s still not right to touch her (even if it’s not what you term ‘indecently’. Do not grope her. Do not kiss her. Do not hug her. Except she consents. These things amount to sexual harassment.
5. Don’t ask her to smile if she’s not smiling.
If there’s anything women hate so much in this life, it’s when random men ask us to smile. What are you using the smile for?
6. Don’t call her pet names. Especially ‘angel’ and ‘my dear’.
Except you have a shitload of money you’re ready to dash her at that very moment. And even then, it’s disgusting and annoying.
7. If you’re going to compliment her looks, don’t say things like “you’re not like those other girls”
Or “I don’t usually like women without makeup but…”
8. Don’t tell her you love her.
God punish that love.
9. Don’t bump into her.
Because this is not a Hollywood movie where you bump into a woman on purpose and she ends up being your wife and the mother of your children.
10. Don’t ask her a foolish question:
Like: “do you work here?” when she clearly doesn’t.
Avoiding these things is proof that you have sense and can probably ask a woman out.