Looking like your parents isn’t a big deal for you, especially if you really don’t see it. So while everyone else scrambles above themselves to compare every habit and utterance of yours to your parents’ you just want them to get over it.
On the other hand, it can be fun and you get a kick over people’s reaction to your resemblance, particularly when it dawns on you that some members of your family can’t tell you (or your voice) apart from your mother or father.
Here are some of the things you will relate to if you look like your parent:
1) You’re often mistaken for them.
People will call you by their name more times than you can count and look shocked when it turns out to be you.
2) You know the phrase “spitting image” by heart.
This is a statement you encounter at least once a month and have gotten tired of hearing.
3) Your friends never believe how much you look like your parents until they see them.
They probably thought you were exaggerating your likeness and rolled their eyes before making that expected statement, “Everyone looks like their parents joor.”
Wait until they see how much you look like yours.
4) Then they never get tired of joking about how identical you are.
This is where they ask if you are siblings or twins. No oh, we are triplets.
5) You’ve gotten used to hearing, “haba, your mama/papa they run go?”
It’s hard for people to come to terms with the fact that you had no say in the matter of your looks–it’s just genes people.
6) Your parent’s old photos can pass for your most recent.
Even their pose in it is a direct copy of your favorite pose.
7) People love to tell you how you’ll age.
Self-proclaimed experts will use your parents as a reference on how you’ll look when you get older. Like you didn’t know that already.
8) Getting peppered with questions about how your siblings look.
Surely, you must all be mirror images of your parents if you look the way you do.