Freedom is a beautiful thing. For many Nigerians, doing any of these signifies that you have finally started to unlock some of the freedom that comes with growing up.
1) Not going to church.
The first time you successfully get away with not going to church or even switching church, it means you have unlocked adulting 101.
2) Drinking in front of your parents.
Talk about mask off. You can now see the real me.
3) Eating two pieces of meat with your chest.
No more hiding meat under rice because the dog days are over. We eating good now.
4) Not asking for permission before leaving the house.
Resist the urge to shalaye.
5) Bringing your partner home.
The only downside to this is that it means it’s marriage’o’clock.
6) Trading work banter with your parents.
Nigerian parents start to respect you more when you can trade and relate to war stories from Lagos traffic, and working in Lagos. Real recognize real.
7) Waking up late during the weekend and not feeling guilty.
If your parents no longer hassle you for waking up late during the weekend, you have unlocked proper adulting.
8) Turning on the generator at will.
No more waiting for night time to run the generator because you can afford to buy fuel. And also, your money now grows like grass.
9) No fear when you haven’t done your chores.
Because your parents will understand.