1) When you’re separating from friends (e.g when you’re done with NYSC) and you promise you’ll keep in touch.
But deep down you know you never will.
2) When your phone rings and you see that it’s someone you promised to keep in touch with but haven’t so you don’t pick.
Because you know they’ll judge you for not keeping your promise.
3) When an old friend calls you and is like “You just forgot about me” and you’re like “NO! It’s not like that na.”
But it really has been like that. You really did forget about them.
4) When you see an old friend in public and you hide because you don’t want to have to explain why you haven’t been calling like you said you would.
I don’t want to have to lie abeg.
5) This is your face when the person catches you so you have to lie your way out of things.
“Ehn…….I’ve been in a coma since we last saw. I just woke up this morning.“
6) When you actually want to call someone but you really don’t have the energy for a conversation.
Small talk is hard, abeg.
7) When you decide that someone isn’t worth calling because you don’t even know each other like that but then you’re immediately overwhelmed with guilt because the person may have actually valued you and the time you spent together.
8) This is you trying to post on social media, hoping that that person whose “How far?” message you’ve been ignoring doesn’t notice.
SHAME! SHAME!! SHAME!!!