Phone calls are a chore when someone you don’t want to speak with calls you. It becomes a full-on struggle when an unknown number keeps calling you and demanding to speak to someone who isn’t you. For anyone who’s had an experience with these “wrong number” people, this post will hit close to home.
1. When you pick up the phone and the person on the other end waits for you to speak first
Oh, okay. Let’s just listen to each other’s breath for a couple of minutes and call it a day.
2. When they eventually say something and they call you a name that is not yours
Sorry sir, you’re not on the call with Regina.
3. Or they start speaking a language that you don’t understand
4. When you calmly tell them that they’ve called the wrong number and they start to argue with you
It hits harder when they accuse you of being disrespectful.
5. When you decide that you’ve heard enough and you hang up but they call back
Give it a rest na! I’m not the one you want to speak with.
6. When more people start to call you every day and they want to speak with the same person
Kill me, already!
7. When you become used to it that the first thing you say when you pick a call from an unknown number is “sorry, wrong number”
No time, abeg!
8. When you get tired of the whole thing and stop picking calls from unknown numbers
If Dangote had any plans of calling me, he would have done that a long time ago.