Family events are a lot. For starters, these things are very chaotic and more stressful than they ought to be. If you want to have the best experience you can have, you might want to avoid these sets of people.
1. The aunty that expects you to remember that she took care of you for a while when you were two
Yeah, I get you were an “important” part of my life once. But please, move.
2. The elderly family members that insult you because you didn’t greet them properly
“Is that how you greet your parents?”
3. The “When will you marry” gang
What else is new?
4. And the “You’ve added weight oh”
5. The younger distant cousin that thinks you’re now mates because you finished university together
Respect your elders, abeg.
6. Or your cousins who live abroad and can kill with questions
Ask your parents. Don’t kill me.
7. Your father’s close friend that thinks you’re wasting your time because you haven’t gone back to school
But what’s your own?
8. Your younger cousins who think you’re the entire family’s ATM machine
Don’t you have parents?
Help Zikoko keep making the content you love
More than ever, people are turning to Zikoko for stories that matter and content they love. But still, we, like many media organisations, are feeling the financial heat of these times. If you find us valuable, please make a contribution to help keep Zikoko zikoko-ing.
Thank you for your support.
We are also cool with Crypto.