This is an ode to the all the pastors’ children of this life who run away from spiritual duties only to be ‘arrested’ by the Holy Spirit later in life. We see you, dears. May the good Lord make your journey easy.
1. How you look at people who believe that you’ll be a pastor too.
Oh, it’s now a generational call isn’t it? Because God called my Daddy, I have been automatically called too? Issokay now, assistant Holy Spirit.
2. Your face when people use you as a good example for their children to follow.
Hehe. You better make Jesus Christ your supreme example. As for me ehn, ike gwuru. Strength no dey.
3. How you pray for God to make your moving out faster.
God please. Do quick and cause an opportunity for me to leave this house. I can’t anymore.
4. Your internal reaction when it’s time for morning devotion.
Because you know that in your family, morning devotion = Holy Ghost Fire Service + Fire Revival + Confession of Sins + Tongue Lashing + Intense Bible Study, all of which starts by 4:30AM and ends by 7AM. Sometimes, 9AM if the Spirit does not release Daddy and Mummy on time.
5. You when people see you acting in a way they don’t expect from a pastor’s child.
Because I’m a pastor’s child, I shouldn’t know how to Zanku? God will be hilling you people o.
6. You, running away from duties like
No, I’m not leading Bible Study o. Leave me!
7. You, when the Holy Spirit finally gets hold of you.
Lmao. Did you really think you’ll escape? Happy ministering, dear!