The 2000s was the beginning of the rise of easy internet access and the golden ages of cyber cafes. You will relate to the following things if you were a part of the movement.
1. All you needed to be cool was an email address and a Facebook account
2. The best part of your day was spending time at a cyber cafe
The only thing you looked forward to.
3. You, when the cyber cafe attendant said you couldn’t download or watch videos
So, what’s the point?
4. When you paid per minute and the webpages took forever to load
This is not why I’m here, abeg.
5. You, when you got your first GPRS-enabled phone
One of your first taste of the good life.
6. You and ₦100 for 10 MB data plan
Those plans actually lasted for a month.
7. Waptrick and Sefan.ru were your happy place
Downloading stuff illegally felt so right.
You should read this too: 5 Websites Every Nigerian Used To Download Stuff From In The 2000s
Help Zikoko keep making the content you love
More than ever, people are turning to Zikoko for stories that matter and content they love. But still, we, like many media organisations, are feeling the financial heat of these times. If you find us valuable, please make a contribution to help keep Zikoko zikoko-ing.
Thank you for your support.
We are also cool with Crypto.