Hygiene is a very important part of life and it’s sad (and outright disgusting) to see that some Nigerians are freestyling their way through simple body hygiene. If you do any of the things on this list, you should hang your head in shame.
1. Careless disposal of used sanitary pads.
Why? It’s unhygienic, to say the very least.
2. Not rinsing soap off bathroom walls when you finish bathing.
And when someone else enters the bathroom, it looks like the god of soap suds had a fight there when it was you that bathed your 50kg body.
3. Throwing used condoms in the open.
This one is in the same category with number one. Listen, you had sex, we get it. Why throw your condom in the backyard or on the street? What if a goat eats the unborn children you deposited inside it? Or worse, what if your neighbours children pick it up and mistake it for a balloon? Eww, right? Na so e dey be.
4. Wearing the same underwear for days.
Just one question: yansh no dey scratch you?
5. Removing a toothpick from your mouth and sniffing it.
If that’s your way of trying to discover if you have mouth odour, you are wrong. Seriously wrong.
6. Scratching your netherlands (read: private part) and sniffing the hand.
What smell are you hoping to discover? Cinnamon?
7. Not flushing the toilet after doing a poo or a pee.
There’s no other way to explain it.