If there is one thing Nigerians are good at, it is not trusting anyone who isn’t them. But who can blame us when we have parents who told us we could go out with them if we went to wear our shoes? We are all familiar with how that story goes. Anyway, these are some random situations that prove that Nigerians have trust issues and don’t care about how they make them look.
1. When you spend extra time at the ATM to count the cash
These machines can’t be trusted
2. When NEPA brings light and you keep the gen on
I’m Nigerian, this is how we live
3. When you go through your receipt at a supermarket to make sure you’re not charged for anything you didn’t buy
I’m broke, abeg!
4. When someone offers you a free ride and you decline
This is how that character was kidnapped in that Nollywood movie I watched
5. When someone offers to help you buy something and you feel like they are in to cheat you
Why are you so excited about this?
6. When you lock your car with the remote lock and still tug at the door handle to make sure it’s locked
You can’t be too sure.