Unfortunately for you, work has resumed. Cry and cry all you want, but the work continues. After enjoying and eating the life of your head during the holidays, it is now time to face the harsh reality of your life. If you’re like many other people, you’ll relate to these 5 things about resuming work today.
1. That waking up early for work is suddenly impossible
When you were waking up by 10 am during the holidays, you were feeling yourself. Now it’s time to start waking up 7 (if you live in Abuja) or 3.30 am (if you live in Lagos).
2. That this is how you’ll be working for the rest of your life
You’re thinking about how many more Monday mornings are left in your life. Then you realise you have to do this work thing for the rest of your life. God abeg.
3. That you’re not collecting another salary till the end of January
The salary that entered in the middle of December is supposed to last us till the end of January? January that is like 4 months?
4. Facing the fact that you’ve forgotten how to work
You opened your laptop today but you’ve forgotten your work log-in details.
5. Asking God when you’re going to blow so that you can stop working
Once you blow, you can tell your boss to eat his job. For now, you better go and work.