If you attended a secondary school in Nigeria and lived in the hostel, chances are, much like Nigeria, it was the ghetto. And everyone knows that the only way to survive in the ghetto is to have people who have your back and you theirs. People who would do pretty much anything for you. Things like:
1) Split their fan yogo in half for you.
Then you’ll sit side by side and rush it before it starts to melt.
2) Breaking a pencil in half to share with you.
Especially during exams.
3) Cover up for you when you stab class.
“Dayo is sick, ma. I took him to the clinic before I came to class.”
4) Tearing pure water from different ends so you can drink at the same time.
Two of you will now be looking like the cast of FRIENDS in that one photo with the milkshakes.
5) Not snitching when you do something wrong even though they know everyone will be punished.
You: “Thanks for not snitching.”
Your friend: “It’s cool. All for one and one for all. Or whatever they said at the end of High School Musical 2.”
Help Zikoko keep making the content you love
More than ever, people are turning to Zikoko for stories that matter and content they love. But still, we, like many media organisations, are feeling the financial heat of these times. If you find us valuable, please make a contribution to help keep Zikoko zikoko-ing.
Thank you for your support.
We are also cool with Crypto.