Recently, a couple of Nigerians spoke about the culture shock they experienced when they visited countries outside Nigeria.
Here’s a list of what they said:
1) Being invited to a dinner and paying for it
Awoof must die by fire.
2) Calling adults by their first name
With all due respect Susan, pls let me call you aunty.
3) Not ironing for the month/week
There’s no prize for suffering.
4) Framing instructions as suggestions
“Might you be interested in correcting this?” Are you whining me?
5) Pastor drinking beer
E shock you?
6) Daylight savings
Please explain one hour ahead and one hour behind.
7) Professionals with tattoos
Nigeria my country. See your mate.
8) No car horns
Must be nice.
9) Calling drugs medicine
Na wa oh.
10) People not chewing bones
11) Sorry not meaning sorry
Ahan. What are we supposed to say?
12) Yoruba parents are shaking
Kids, don’t try this at home.
13) You decide on this one
My fake home training is screaming.COMPONENT NOT FOUND: donation