A lot of Nigerians don’t believe in the concept of “platonic.” As far as they are concerned, if a man and woman are involved then something is happening behind the scenes. Because of this women with male besties have to deal with the things on this list:
1. People always doubting that you are both just friends.
Talmabout a boy and a girl cannot be just friends, there must be something going on. Kpele oh, Sherlock Holmes.
2. When your bestie gets into a relationship and you have to assure their bae that you are not a threat.
They will now open a Whatsapp group with the 3 of you and literally force you to kumbaya with someone you may not even like. Or make you a third wheel on their date just to prove a point.
3. When you see all the lewd memes about opposite-sex besties.
Talmabout “if your girlfriend has a male bestie, focus on yourself kings.” Someone should please insert that donkey emoji here.
4. When people keep asking you both to just date.
As if you both couldn’t have figured out on your own if you want to date or not.
5. When you go out and people just assume you are a couple.
Like what if we are brother and sister? Why do you people rush to assume boyfriend and girlfriend?
You should read this too: 8 Clear Signs And Symptoms Of A Nigerian Situationship.