1. Nigeria’s Golden Eaglets won the under-17 world cup for the 5th time after their first win under General Buhari in 1985.
The Nigerian teenage winning squad.
2. Serena Williams almost broke the Grand Slam record after having a winning streak.
She had the newly upgraded Drake to console her though.
3. Kobe Bryant of the Los Angeles Lakers retired by sharing an emotional poem with his fans on the internet.
After 20 years in the NBA and winning 5 championships for the Lakers, he hung his boots and made a mushy goodbye to the court.
4. Steph Curry led his team Golden Warriors to win the NBA championships after a 40 year drought.
His adorable daughter stole the spotlight from him though.
5. The expensive Mayweather/Pacquiao fight raked in over $400 million.
All that money didn’t make it less overrated though.
6. Jose Mourinho had a major falling out with Chelsea FC’s physiotherapist, Eva Caneiro which resulted in her suspension from the team.
In a twist of events, He also got fired after poor performance from the team. Hello, Karma!
7. Ronda Roussey took a lesson in humility from Holly Holms who knocked her out at the UFC championship.
Chill level = 0
8. Arsenal FC triumphed in the face of trolls and retained the FA cup for a second year.
The god of banter was nowhere to be found.
9. The 3rd edition of the Nigeria Super Bike Road Race and Ultimate Bike Girl Nigeria competitions took place in Benin, Edo state.
It was too lit!
10. Lewis Hamilton won the F1 championship for the 3rd time.
As if that wasn’t enough, he also won the Sports Personality Of The Year award.