What is a “Covid-19 Nigeria update“? We live in uncertain times and that can be scary. What if we promised you some form of certainty? Every day by 12 noon, we’ll bring you the latest updates on the fight against the Covid-19, both in Nigeria and Africa.
Confirmed Cases In Nigeria from the past 24 hours:
Yesterday, the NCDC confirmed 34 new cases in Nigeria. This means that as of April 15, 2020, there are 407 confirmed cases in Nigeria.
Here’s what we know:
- There are 232 confirmed cases in Lagos.
- In Abuja, there are 58 cases.
- Osun has 20 cases.
- Kano went from 4 cases to 16 cases in 24 hours.
- There are 15 confirmed cases in Edo, 11 confirmed cases in Oyo.
- All the other states have less than 10: 9 in Ogun, 7 in Katsina, 6 in Bauchi, 6 in Kaduna, 6 in Akwa Ibom, 4 in Kwara, 4 in Delta, 3 in Ondo, 2 in Enugu, 2 in Ekiti, 2 in Rivers, 2 in Niger, 1 in Benue and 1 in Anambra.
Find more information here.
The good news:
Because it’s important to arm yourself with good news in order to reduce fear and anxiety, here’s some good news for you: out of 407 total confirmed cases, 128 people have now been discharged – a lot more people are beating Covid-19 than dying from it. But that’s not all.
In case you missed it:
The NCDC has been working hard to expand their testing capacity. As of March 29,, there were 6 labs in Nigeria with Capacity to test for Covid-19. Today, there are 13 labs. There are labs in Maiduguri, Kano, Kaduna Jos, Abuja, Sokoto, Ibadan, Osun, Lagos, Edo, Port Harcourt, Ebonyi and 2 are already being worked on. Here’s more information.
In the past 24 hours, the number of confirmed cases have gone from 16,355 total cases to 17,450 total cases. The number of recoveries is also steadily increasing.
Pro-tip of the day:
You know what spreads faster than the virus itself? Fake news and panic. Find only verified and useful information to help you navigate this season here. You can get some of the information here.