Things will not always go your way — no one knows this better than a Nigerian student navigating the occasionally murky waters of uni life. We’ve all been there, so why not be a little nostalgic about it?
Here we go:
1. When your laptop has no backup power and NEPA takes light in the middle of an assignment
If you’re not one to hit ‘Control S’ very 5 seconds, you might be in trouble.
2. When you need to use the toilet and all the toilet seat covers in your hostel are down
It’s an unspoken rule: if the toilet seat is down, just respect yourself and leave.
3. When you’re dashing off to an early money lecture and you remember that you forgot your money at home
Slaps harder when you’re already in a cab
4. When a lecturer asks a question in class and no one answers
A test nobody asked for is about to happen
5. When the invigilator you thought was distracted asks you to submit your exam sheet and leave the hall
Game over! Get your begging face on.
6. When the lecturer asks everyone to come to check their test results in the office
Even though it usually means nothing in the end, your initial thought
7. When you stay out a little late and your hostel gate has been locked before you return
If you live off-campus, this is a nightmare.
8. You, every time you’re out of garri, rice, noodles, or spaghetti
You’re dead, literally!