One of the biggest expectation vs reality shock comes for everyone during their first weeks in a university or any other tertiary institution. It feels like the right time to take a look back at that (dark) period and think about your survival story.
1. You, when you find your name in the admission list
Thank you, God.
2. You, telling everyone that you will graduate with a first-class
I’m telling you.
3. When you first get into the school gates and see people everywhere
Why are there so many people?
4. You, paying for everything without bothering to find out the actual price
But why is everything so expensive though?
5. When you find out you’ve been paying vendors and cab drivers more than the actual charge
Humans are scum.
6. When you’re a fresh female student and returning male students keep offering to help you
Hmm, this looks suspicious.
7. When you see the list of courses and you can’t decide which ones to choose
What’s all this?
8. When you write your first test and get the lowest score you’ve gotten in your life
But I was the brightest in my secondary school.
9. You, wondering why you’re in school after you’ve been hit with a couple of bad scores in your first tests
Why do I even bother?
10. You, writing your exams with the fear of failure in your mind
I can’t go back home.
11. When the results come out and you’ve not been advised to withdraw
12. But you also realise that a first-class is not in the bag anymore