1. When patients come in and, for some reason, insist that their illness was caused by their village people.
So why are you telling me? Please take drugs and go.
2. When a patient looks up their symptoms online before coming to the hospital so they argue with you when your diagnosis isn’t what they thought it would be.
Are you mad?! Who is the doctor here?! Oya take pad and write your own prescription na!
3. When a patient calls you “Aunty Nurse” just because you’re female.
Why have you decided to not have sense like this?
4. When you’re unlucky enough to work with incompetent nurses.
So what you’re telling me is that you went to Nursing school and you don’t know what the word, “Trauma” means.
5. When a patient attempts to compare your knowledge of drugs to that of their neighborhood chemist.
6. When you inevitably fall sick and people are like, “Ah . So doctor sef dey sick?”
No. Doctors are half human/half robot. I’m not sick. I just need to change my battery.