1. Every time we think we've hit rock bottom as a country, Nigerian politicians show us newer depths to looting, corruption and ineptitude.
2. This is how Nigerian politicians steal and eat the national cake:
3. But the worst part is the excuses politicians give for stolen money are usually phantom and completely unrealistic projects that shouldn't even be sanctioned in the first place.
But hey, this is Nigeria where shit literally happens for fun.
4. 33 former local government chairmen in Oyo state are currently under EFCC investigation for misappropriating funds meant to fight possible Boko Haram insurgency in the state during the 2015 elections.
It's not news that Nigeria has been at war with Boko Haram since 2011, only that the terrorist sect have mostly attacked the North East for the past 6 years.
5. According to Premium Times, a sum of N11 million was disbursed to each of the local government areas in Oyo from the Local Government Stabilization Account towards the project.
Expectedly, the chairmen were reported to have withdrawn and appropriated the funds.
6. According to Punch, one of the chairmen claimed the money was disbursed after a security report showed Oyo was at risk of a Boko Haram attack during the elections.
If found guilty, these politicians will be prosecuted and face jail time, but let's just hope they 'vomit the money' at least.